This creamy dip is a sure crowd pleaser whether you’re having a game night with a few friends or having a cozy family night. Actually we’ve had it as a meal with a fresh loaf of bread and those crunchy little sweet peppers, and been perfectly full and happy.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
3 T. olive oil, divided
5 cloves garlic, minced
5 c. fresh spinach, long stems removed and roughly chopped
2 T. fresh basil, chopped
1 14.5 oz. jar artichokes, packed in water, drained and chopped
1/3 c. full-fat sour cream ( Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
¾ c. Mozzarella cheese, divided
Garlic powder, to taste
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a shallow baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 T. olive oil and minced garlic in a large skillet over low heat. Soften garlic for 1 minute before turning the heat up to medium.
- Add chopped spinach and basil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach wilts, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer wilted spinach mixture to a large bowl and add chopped artichokes, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and ½ cup Mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer spinach-artichoke mixture to the prepared baking dish. Spread the dip into a uniform layer. Top with remaining Mozzarella cheese and place in preheated oven until heated through and cheese on top starts to turn golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Can be served with pita chips, crackers, fresh bread, or chopped fresh vegetables.